Community Project Funding
I am now accepting Community Project Funding requests for submission to the U.S. House Committee on Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2022.
All requests must be submitted no later than Wednesday, April 14th. Requests submitted after this date will not be accepted.
Note: Visit the Committee on Appropriations "Appropriations Requests" page for guidance. More information is available in Chairwoman Rosa DeLauro’s announcement.
For more information on programmatic and language Appropriations requests for Fiscal Year 2022, such as requests to fund an existing federal program or department, please visit my Appropriations Request page. The deadline for those submissions is also Wednesday, April 14, 2021.
Only non-profit entities and state and local government entities are eligible to submit an application. Projects cannot be designated for private individuals or for-profit entities. Projects must be “shovel-ready” and receive community support.
Each Member of Congress is limited to ten Community Project Funding requests. In order to ensure that federal dollars are well spent in a transparent and accountable manner, each Member of Congress must publicly disclose the Community Projects they are requesting be funded. Please note that the information submitted in the forms below may be released to the public.
Members must provide proof of community support with compelling factors describing ways in which the project will benefit the community. Therefore, all requests must include as much proof of community support as possible. Submissions may include but are not limited to:
- Letters of support from elected community leaders;
- Press articles highlighting the need for the requested community project funding;
- Support from newspaper editorial boards;
- Projects listed in state intended use plans, community development plans, or other publicly available planning documents;
- Resolutions passed by city councils or boards; and/or
- Other compelling evidence of community support.
Submitting a Community Project Application
Each organization must complete and submit an application form (found below) that is associated with their corresponding project. Click the relevant link below to view application requirements and submit an application for each type of project. The webforms below must be submitted no later than Wednesday, April 14, 2021. For information on required documents and information, please refer to our office’s Community Project Resource Guide,
Community Project Funding Application Forms:
- Agriculture, Rural Development, FDA
- Commerce, Justice, Science
- Energy and Water
- Financial Services and General Government
- Homeland Security
- Interior and Environment
- Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education
- Military Construction
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call our Washington, DC office at (202) 225-2406 or our St. Louis office at (314) 955-9980.